The Dashboard is the main controlling form and is displayed when the workbook is opened. Subsequent forms are
displayed using the buttons on the Dashboard. For example: Add a new trader,
Request and display a 'Trader' status report from HMRC, Create or amend a VAT return, Display a receipt on the screen,
Print or save a receipt as a PDF document, renew the product licence.
Certain buttons may be displayed or hidden depending on the condition of a VAT Return. Also the button description may
change in particular circumstances. For example, the 'Display Receipt' button is displayed only where the status of the
VAT Return is 'Accepted'.
'End to End' Outline Process
Using the Dashboard form:
- If Trader does not exist, click ‘Add Trader’ button (Note: 'Trader' licence allows only 1 trader).
- Select the Trader from the ‘Trader Name’ dropdown list.
- Click on the ‘New Return’ button or highlight an existing 'Draft' return &
click on the 'Amend Return' button.
Using the VAT Return form:
- Populate the VAT Return form.
- Note: For users importing from VT Software products, populate the Period End,
then select 'VT Transaction+/Cashbook' from the import dropdown list, then click the 'Import' button and select the desired
'Company' file from the folder/file list.
- Note: For users importing from the Excel 'NJT VAT Return Form' , enter Period End,
then select 'NJT Excel Form' from the import dropdown list, then click the 'Import' button and select
the Excel file from the folder/file list.
For further information on usage of the 'Excel' folder, see 'Organising your Files'.
- Note: For users importing from the 3rd party Accounts systems , enter Period End,
then select the respective Accounts system name from the import dropdown list, then click the 'Import' button and select
the CSV file from the folder/file list.
For further information on usage of the 'CSV' folder, see 'Organising your Files'.
- Click on the ‘Validate & Save’ button.
- Click on the ‘Live’ button within the Submit frame. (Optionally, click on the 'Test' button first).
Using the Submission Form:
- Enter your Gateway User Password then click on the ‘Submit’ button.
Note: Normally within 9 seconds a message is displayed denoting a submission success or error.
Using the Dashboard form:
- To view a receipt on screen, click on the ‘Display Receipt’ button.
- To print a receipt, click on the ‘Print Receipt’ button.
- To save receipt as a PDF file, click on the ‘Save as PDF’’ button.
- To close the workbook, click on the ‘Save & Close’ button.
If the submission is successful, a confirmation message is displayed on screen.
If the submission is rejected, an error message is displayed on screen.
This error message is saved and can be displayed later using the conditional 'Display Error' button.