Neilson James Technology (NJT) is committed to ensuring your personal information is protected. This privacy notice describes how NJT, collects, uses and protects your personal information
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), NJT is classified as both a 'Data Controller" and 'Data Processor'. This means that NJT is responsible for both deciding how personal information about you is held and also responsible for actually processing this information.
This privacy notice is available to you because NJT may hold details personal details such as your Company Contact Name and Email Address, obtained via direct enquiries or puchases of NJT software. For licensed software customers, NJT may also hold additional information.
It makes you aware of how and why your personal data will be used, namely for the purposes of the selling & supporting software products, and how long it will usually be retained for. It provides you with certain information that must be provided under the General Data Protection Regulation ((EU) 2016/679) (GDPR).
2. How your information is collected
NJT only collects personal information about customers or interested parties from the following sources:
- Telephone calls or text messages between NJT and you.
- Emails or Website enquiries received from you in respect of a product enquiry, software support or purchase order.
- For licensed software customers, NJT may also capture additional information.
- NOTE: NJT does not use 3rd party mailing lists or databases to obtain personal or company details. Consequently, information held would be as a result of an approach from yourself.
3. What information NJT holds
NJT only stores information about customers or interested parties as follows:
- For interested parties, NJT holds the following business details: Business Name, Address, Telephone No, Contact Name & Contact Email Address.
- For customers, NJT holds the following customer details: Customer Name, Address, Telephone No, Contact Name, Contact Email Address & VAT Registration Number.
When you submit a VAT Return using the NJT VAT Return Manager (MTD) software, additional information is sent automatically to HMRC,
as required within HMRC's 'Fraud & Misuse Prevention' requirement specification.
This includes the following:
Computer (make & model), Windows (version, user name & screen size), Network adaptor MAC address, Local IP address and Public IP address.
The NJT VAT Return Manager (MTD) software is available for use on a short trial basis or under an annual licence agreement.
For licensed versions of the software, 'Fraud & Misuse' prevention initiatives are undertaken within the sofware by automatically
sending usage statisitcs and additional information to NJT.
This includes the following:
All your software licence details, Total number of clients in use, Total number of VAT submissions since the licence activation & the additional 'computer device' information sent to HMRC when a VAT Return is submitted.
4. How NJT uses information about you
- NJT need all the categories of information described above primarily to allow us to, conduct business with you, provide support to you and to enable us to comply with legal obligations.
- NJT will not share your personal information with any external organisation with the exception of HMRC and other Criminal Justice departments, where requested to do as part of any criminal investigation.
5. How your information is stored
The security of your personal information is paramount. Your personal information is only stored on systems owned or operated by NJT or those of our specific suppliers and will only be stored inside the European Economic Area. Every effort is undertaken to ensure the continued integrity and security of personal data. Regular secure data backups are undertaken and stored both locally and within the cloud. Additionally, pro-active Antivirus is installed on all machines and updated every few hours. Windows operating systems are maintained to ensure Security updates and patches are up to date at all times.
6. How long does NJT hold your information
- For interested parties, NJT will normally hold your contact details for a period of 2 years.
- For customers, NJT will normally hold your details for a period of 6 years from the date of your latest Sales invoice.
7. Your rights
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal information (commonly known as a "data subject access request"). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information that NJT hold about you and to check that it is being lawfully processed.
- Request correction of the personal information that NJT hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information corrected.
- Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask NJT to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for NJT to continue processing it. You also have the right to ask to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processing of your personal information where NJT are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where NJT are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask NJT to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want NJT to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request the transfer of your personal information to another party.
If you want to review, verify, correct or request erasure of your personal information, object to the processing of your personal data, or request that NJT transfer a copy of your personal information to another party, please contact our Privacy officer or by email at 'email@example.com'.
These Website Standard Terms and Conditions written on this webpage shall manage your use of this website, Neilson James Technology accessible at https://neilsonjamestech.co.uk.
These Terms will be applied fully and affect to your use of this Website. By using this Website, you agreed to accept all terms and conditions written in here. You must not use this Website if you disagree with any of these Website Standard Terms and Conditions.
Intellectual Property Rights
Under these Terms, Neilson James Technology and/or its licensors own all the intellectual property rights and materials contained in this Website.
You are granted limited license only for purposes of viewing the material and downloading software contained on this Website.
You are specifically restricted from all of the following:
- Publishing any Website material in any other media;
- Selling, sublicensing and/or otherwise commercializing any Website material;
- Publicly performing and/or showing any Website material other than the designated downloadable software;
- Using this Website in any way that is or may be damaging to this Website;
- Using this Website in any way that impacts user access to this Website;
- Using this Website contrary to applicable laws and regulations, or in any way may cause harm to the Website, or to any person or business entity;
- Engaging in any data mining, data harvesting, data extracting or any other similar activity in relation to this Website;
- Using this Website to engage in any advertising or marketing.
- Certain areas of this Website are restricted from being access by you and Neilson James Technology may further restrict access by you to any areas of this Website, at any time, in absolute discretion.
This Website is provided “as is,” with all faults, and Neilson James Technology express no representations or warranties, of any kind related to this Website or the materials contained on this Website.
Limitation of Liability
In no event shall Neilson James Technology, nor any of its officers, directors and employees, shall be held liable for anything arising out of or in any way connected with your use of this Website whether such liability is under contract. Neilson James Technology, including its officers, directors and employees shall not be held liable for any indirect, consequential or special liability arising out of or in any way related to your use of this Website.
You hereby indemnify to the fullest extent Neilson James Technology from and against any and/or all liabilities, costs, demands, causes of action, damages and expenses arising in any way related to your breach of any of the provisions of these Terms.
If any provision of these Terms is found to be invalid under any applicable law, such provisions shall be deleted without affecting the remaining provisions herein.
Variation of Terms
Neilson James Technology is permitted to revise these Terms at any time as it sees fit, and by using this Website you are expected to review these Terms on a regular basis.
Neilson James Tecnology is allowed to assign, transfer, and subcontract its rights and/or obligations under these Terms without any notification. However, you are not allowed to assign, transfer, or subcontract any of your rights and/or obligations under these Terms.
These Terms constitute the entire agreement between Neilson James Technology and you in relation to your use of this Website, and supersede all prior agreements and understandings.